Since 1996, Scott has been active in the major home appliance repair industry, both as an in-home appliance repair technician running an independent service business, but also online as Samurai Appliance Repair Man, helping other appliance technicians through his tech support community, Appliantology.org and my YouTube Channel.
Before entering appliance repair, Scott designed and oversaw construction of industrial ammonia refrigeration systems as a refrigeration design engineer. He also served as an environmental engineer overseeing compliance at various American and Canadian manufacturing facilities and designed remediation programs for various Midwest-based Superfund hazardous waste sites. Before that he was a process engineer in the private sector and was an avionics technician in the US Navy repairing navigational radar equipment.
- Basic Electricity and Electronics School, US Navy
- Aviation Electronics Technician School, US Navy
- Bachelor of Science, Agricultural Engineering, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- Master of Science, Environmental Systems Engineering, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina
Licenses and Professional Associations
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE), New Hampshire
- Member, United Servicers Association
- EPA Refrigeration Certification
Mr. Appliance Franchisee of the Year